|Back to List | Edit Notice|| In this sequence (Network Rail > W):|
<-- Previous (WTS.10) -- Next (WTS.12) -->
|Name:||Ebbw Vale and Gaer Junction, Machen Quarry and Park Junction also Park Junction and Ebbw Junction.|
|Railway / Region:||Network Rail > Western|
|Date of Issue:||October 2007|
|Date of Effect:||0800 Friday 30 November 2007|
|Description:||- Park Junction to Ebbw Vale upgraded to passenger status.
- Single track except for double between Risca South and Crosskeys Junctions.
- New "Park North Junction" where double line reduces to single near Park Junction.
- New stations at Rogerstone, Risca, Crosskeys, Newbridge, Llanhilleth, Ebbw Vale Parkway.-
- TCB and axle counters Park Junction to Crosskeys Jn, OTW with no staff Crosskeys Jn to Ebbw Vale Parkway. Token machines at Park Junction recovered.
- Ebbw Vale South GF recovered.
- Lime Kiln Crossing Box closed and existing signals recovered and replaced with new MAS signals. Crossing converted to CCTV from Park Junction.
- New signals in the PJ.19xx range.
- Semaphore signals at Park Junction electrically lit and full size arms fitted in place of short arms.
- PJ.1R made into 3-aspect searchlight.
- PJ.1 made into 3-aspect MAS. Also PL aspect removed.
- PJ.2 / PJ.9 bracket signal altered so both arms are the same height.
- Fixed distant beneath PJ.2 recovered and new reflectorised distant board installed towards Gaer Junction, N.517R.
- New reflectorised distant board installed towards on Machen Quarry branch in rear of 21 disc, PJ.21R.
- PJ.81 on Up Cardiff Curve converted to searchlight.
- 40B points on the Machen Quarry branch renewed as double-rail trap point.
|Signal Box(es) involved:||CLOSED: Lime Kiln Crossing|
ALTERED: Park Junction
|Issued by:||Area Operations Manager, Wales & Marches. Network Rail Western, Cardiff.|
|Issued from:||Milford House, Swindon|
|Colour:||Yellow cover and pages, white diagram|
|Known Copy Owners:||(Private owner). Edward. (Private owner).|
|Swaps / Sales Available:||You must login or register to see details of swaps / sales.|
Added: 01/01/00 00:00.
You may not make edits or new entries because you are not logged in or not registered.
Log in or Register now to contribute.
Link to this page: